You will need
- 1 Large zucchini (or 2 mediums)
- 1 medium onion cut into small pieces
- 1 medium tomato cut into small pieces
- Garam masala (or a fresh ground mix of cumin, coriander, mustard)
- Green chillies
- Turmeric root or powder
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh cilantro
- Mustard seeds
- Salt and vegetable oil
|Fresh Zucchini chopped up.|
1. Chop the zucchini into 1-inch pieces.
2. Heat some vegetable oil in a medium pan. Add the chopped onions and 2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic and 3-4 finely chopped green chillies (more if you like the heat!) Cook a few minutes.
|Fry up some onions, garlic, chillies, spices & tomatoes.|
3. Add about 2 t-spoons of garam masala (I prefer to grind my own - a tea spoon each of cumin, coriander & mustard seeds). Add a half t-spoon of fresh turmeric or powder. Keep stirring.
4. Add the chopped tomato once the onions look a bit brown. Cook a few more minutes.
|Cook until water is gone & then cook some more.|
5. Add the chopped zucchini and cook on high until some of the excess water evaporates. This will take 5-6 minutes. Add salt to taste.
6. Add half t-spoon of mustard seeds. Then cook on medium stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Add a handful of cilantro leaves - for garnish and flavor. Zucchini curry is ready.
8. Serve with naan or rice. Enjoy!
|Zucchini Curry! (with Cilantro)|